It is of paramount importance to us that any complaints or concerns you raise are addressed and dealt with promptly, fairly and in confidence.
Use of the complaint procedure is not meant to replace normal discussion about day-to-day problems and concerns. So, if you are unhappy about some part of our service to you, please discuss with us first.
SETTLING IN POLICY
1. Our Employees work in partnership with parents and carers to settle the child into the nursery environment.
2. All necessary paperwork can be completed with the child’s key-worker during this visit while the child meets members of staff and other children in his/her room.
3. When the nursery accepts a child, arrangements will be made for parents to visit the nursery for 3 days prior to the start date. This is to ensure that the child settles into the nursery without stress.
4. The settling in period is between 10.00am and 11.00am or between 2.00pm and 3.00pm.
5. This procedure is flexible to meet the needs of the child and parent/carers.
KEY WORKER POLICY
Smart Start Centre operates a ‘Key Worker’ system where each child is assigned to an employee
The employee – ‘Key Worker’ - will have the following responsibilities
1. Introduce themselves to the child and their parents/carers
2. Settle-in the child and discuss any concerns the parents/carers may have
3. Completing and maintaining the child’s developmental reports
4. Carrying out regular observation of the child
5. Ensuring that any significant progress or concerns are reported verbally, then in writing in the child’s contact book.
6. Build a relationship with the child and parent/carer
7. Sit with the child during mealtimes so as to observe and identify any concerns or issues about eating habits and to discuss such concerns with parents/carers – if any
8. Toilet-train the child if need be
9. If the parents/carers have any confidential concerns, they may approach their child’s ‘key worker’ who shall listen and offer advice –if applicable
10. Such approaches may only be deemed confidential providing there are no childcare issues that could be of detriment to the child or bring the nursery into disrepute.
Any employee that has such concerns must bring them to the attention of the Childcare Manager immediately.